Prospecting…you don’t have to hate it
In our current market, having a solid prospecting plan is critical. But, just buying leads isn’t prospecting. Leads are a hope and a wish, and most of the time a financial black hole. If you have no plan, and you have no target, marketing and sales—even when using leads—will always be inconsistent and ineffective at best.
It is critical that you sit down and construct a well thought out and detailed plan for prospecting, that can deliver results right now. Prospecting must be done with deliberation and be worked faithfully with a written plan of actions and goals.
A wise person once said:
A goal without a date is a hallucination
So, put a date next to your goals.
Here’s a few ways to think about prospecting for success.
1) Who is your target? Be definite. You can’t choose the right bait, unless you define what fish you are after.
2) Build Campaigns. Prospecting is a campaign, not an event or single action.
3) Focus on creating relationship value with your “perfect “client before you begin to “sell”. Patience will pay off!
4) Figure out what to say before you say it. When someone asks, “What do you do?” Be genuine and compelling.
5) Prospecting becomes a daily discipline. Every morning you get up and are excited in who you are going to meet.
There’s much more of course to this critical part of our business, the important part is put a plan into ACTION.
Give me a call, and let’s talk about it
800‐200‐9194, ext. 206
~ John Roberts
VP, TWH Agency, Inc.